Monday 31 August 2015

Park Must Haves

I always find that packing to go around the parks is a nightmare, there's so much you might need or want so I thought I'd share with you my packing tips for a long day out around the parks.

Tip 1: Bag Share.
Now the parks are very hot and carrying a bag each around them gets far too much and way too hot. I find that if you take one bag - usually a backpack, you can fit everything in absolutely fine and you can then share the carrying duties.

Tip 2: Small Bags.
Ok so not everyone wants a back pack and sometimes if you intend on splitting up for a while then you still want your own important belongings on you. My top tip for this is to buy a bum bag (yes a 'fanny pack' to you Americans) or even a really small handbag. This then means you can fit in your phone, tickets, and money without having to carry about a huge bag. I intend on buying a bum bag for my next trip as I'm not a handbag type of girl unfortunately.

Tip 3: Magicbands.
These awesome new little bands now mean that you don't have to carry your tickets, fast passes or even money as it can all be linked to this little band on your arm. This is a major save on extra baggage and little faffy bits and bobs that can now be left behind at the hotel. Magicbands are also fab for the water parks as they mean not leaving your tickets and money unattended or having to pay extra for lockers as the bands are water proof!
Remember though these are Disney only - don't get trying to link your Universal tickets to these!

Tip 4: Weather.
Always check the weather before you go to the parks! Anyone who has been out in a Florida thunderstorm knows how within a few minutes you will look like you've jumped in the swimming pool fully dressed! Now if your visiting Orlando in the Summer months you can pretty much guarantee some rain or a storm almost every afternoon so take your ponchos and rain coats although these can seriously add to that extra carriage so these may be back pack days!
Another thing to consider is if you are going in the winter/spring months the evenings may get cold so take a jumper for those late nights watching fireworks.

Tip 5: Car.
If you have drove to the parks and have a car - leave things like jumpers and rain coats in the car until later!! You can always pop back and grab them when needed.

Ok so those are my tips but anything else you should pack?
Yes - SUNCREAM! It is a must! theres nothing worse than a day frying around the park and then looking like a lobster for the rest of your holiday.
Another thing I always, always pack is a WATER bottle, it is so important to keep hydrated - many times have I had a couple of beers around Epcot and then a few hour later ended up with a dreadful headache due to forgetting to drink water as well. There are fountains in the parks where you can fill up your water bottles so keep hold of your bottle even after its empty - refill instead of spending another $3!
SUNGLASSES are another must - I have to say I hate wearing these, they don't suit me and I don't like them, but its another guaranteed headache if you forget these so keep them in your bum bag/back pack all ready for park days.
One last thing - CAMERA/PHONE, there are a million things to photograph throughout your days in the parks so make sure your batteries are fully charged and go wild. Snap away.

So there you have a few of my top tips. Enjoy the parks and I would love to hear your packing tips too!

FloridaGirl ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment